Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back to the 60s

Today I went to a fashion event at a museum, that was organized by a man who collects clothes from different decades. Every year he makes an exhibition from a decade (30s, 40s...) this year was the 60s. My mother was invited to the opening, so she took us. I saw a lot of artistic and interesting people, including a lovely old woman who was wearing a gorgeous Chanel outfit with the cutest shoes ever!
Photobucket (The suit in the middle was his graduation suit)
Photobucket (Twiggy tights! I love the high-heel shaped black shoes that have no heels. They remind me of the Marc Jacobs backwards heels)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The clothes in the picture above are beautiful Japanese designs.

Photobucket
I almost collapsed when I read the info about the dress above. It is an original dress that Karl Lagerfeld designed for ChloƩ in the 1960s. It is so beautiful! I adore the small bubble-like details and the hat!

Photobucket
Photobucket
This yellow and white outfit is so cute! The sunglasses are just marvelous.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Yellow Pages dress)
Photobucket
There's going to be a runway show of these clothes on February. My mother already bought the tickets. So excited to see more 60s clothes!!

No comments: